It works completely autonomously, in addition to warning of falls indoors or outdoors, it can guide the user to return home (Alzheimer's cases).
Many people are forced in many cases to live alone and independently in their homes, with all the risks that this entails, our objective with the "Fall Detector" is to provide the location of the user, the automatic detection of falls and activity monitoring for indoor and outdoor use.
With the increase in the number of elderly people and the reduction of social security and medical care budgets, the maintenance of the elderly in their homes for as long as possible is reinforced. One of the major risks faced by the "frail elderly" (elderly, sick) is falls. 30% of older people fall at least once a year, representing 75% of fall victims.
With the increase in older people and the reduction of social security budgets and medical care, the maintenance of the elderly in their homes for as long as possible is reinforced. One of the major risks faced by the "frail elderly" (elderly, sick) is falls. 30% of older people fall at least once a year, representing 75% of fall victims.
Falls in the Elderly
The fall causes 70% of fatal accidents in the group of people over 75 years of age, and an increase in fear, anxiety or depression, which leads to a reduction in the daily activity of this group.
These facts are the reason for the development of our “Fall Detector” that offers an automatic fall detection and prevention solution, thus ensuring a quick response in the event that this occurs, whether it is inside or outside the home.
One of the most important objectives of this product is to offer the user confidence in the performance of their tasks and their daily life. As an added value attribute, we highlight the possibility of monitoring the user's daily activity, which is useful to have a follow-up by the person's doctor.
Among other features, this device offers:
- Works completely autonomously.
- Fall alert indoors or outdoors.
- Geolocation of the fall in case of exteriors.
- Orientation of the person to return home (Alzheimer's cases).
- Prediction of possible falls.
Features and Functionalities
- Automatic Fall Detection
- Automatic fall detection, without the need to press a button to sound the alarm, is considered a significant difference compared to existing systems.
- Indoor and Outdoor Use
- Advanced technologies have been applied to achieve the required functions, as well as to enable it to be used indoors and outdoors. Miniaturization and low power consumption have been taken into account from the beginning.
- Location of the User by GPS
- GPS technology is used to locate the user, to optimize energy consumption, the acquisition of coordinates is configured according to the speed of the user, that is, if the user is traveling by bus or car, the coordinates will be taken more frequently than when the user moves slowly.
- GSM / GPRS communications
- GSM / GPRS transmission and reception modules are used for communication, used both to send or receive data from the caregiver, as well as for bidirectional voice communication.
- Indication for Home Return
- The location of the user has two main interests: the location of the user when a fall is detected to send emergency services to the site where that person is located and help a lost user to find their way home.
- Panic Button
- The incorporation of an alarm button in the device ensures its function not only when for any reason the system has not detected a fall, but also for any other emergency that the user may demand.